Nomination Package Submission Deadline:
5:00 pm PT Friday, 15 February 2013
The complete nomination package must include two copies of the following documents:
- Candidate letter (maximum 500 words)
Candidates are required to submit a letter outlining why he/she wishes to be an Action Canada Fellow. Letters must discuss:
- The importance of the fellowship at this stage of the candidate’s education or career
- The candidate’s future career plans
- The importance to the candidate of a commitment to engagement in public issues and to making a contribution to Canada
- The candidate’s ability to transform ideas into action
- The candidate’s ability to respect and understand new and different perspectives in addressing public interest issues
- The candidate’s views on how an individual creates change and the circumstances for change
- Candidate statement(maximum 500 words)
A candidate must submit a statement on an aspect of Canadian history that the candidate thinks significantly influenced a public policy.
- Candidate Form
- Additional sealed letters of reference from two referees, other than the nominator. Please ensure that each referee has provided you with two sealed copies of a reference letter. There should be a total of four sealed envelopes submitted.
- Curriculum vitae (maximum 3 pages). A CV of more than 3 pages will not be read.
- Official copy of university/college transcripts or transcript of most recent educational institution attended
- Proof of Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status
All documents must be submitted in duplicate and in one package by the submission deadline to the Action Canada office:
- Action Canada
- #513 – 1489 Marine Drive
- West Vancouver, British Columbia
- V7T 1B8
Incomplete or late packages may not be considered. Documents not included in the nomination package may not be considered. Faxed and emailed documents are not accepted.
Candidates must send their nomination packages via a delivery service that provides a tracking number and requires a signature upon delivery. It is the responsibility of candidates to ensure their nomination package arrives at the address above by the submission deadline. Action Canada does not send notification of receipt of nomination packages. Verification of delivery is to be done through contact with the delivery service. Only candidates who have followed these procedures and can demonstrate a shipping error causing the delivery delay or loss of package, may request to resend his/her package and have it considered after the deadline. Under no circumstances can a nomination be considered after 1 March 2013.
Click here for the complete 2013 Nomination Package, available as a PDF download. You will need Adobe Reader to open these files. If you do not have Adobe Reader installed on your computer, you can download the program for free by clicking here.