- Nomination packages must be filed in duplicate. Incomplete or late packages, and documents that arrive separate from the nomination package, may not be considered.
- Faxed or emailed documents are not accepted.
- Candidates must send their nomination packages via a delivery service that provides a tracking number and requires a signature upon delivery. It is the responsibility of candidates to ensure their nomination package arrives at Action Canada by the deadline date. Action Canada does not send notification of receipt of nomination packages. Verification of delivery is to be done through contact with the delivery service.
Only candidates who have followed these procedures and can demonstrate a shipping error causing a delivery delay or loss of package, may request to resend his/her package and have it considered after the deadline. Under no circumstances can a nomination be considered after 1 March 2013.
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed twice. The first interview will be one-on-one, during March and early April 2013. The second interview will take place in Toronto, ON 13 – 15 April 2013. Candidates must be able to attend the second interview in person to be considered for the fellowship. The selected candidates will be notified by email of the exact dates and locations of their interviews.
- Reference checks may be conducted. Additional references may be requested and may be contacted via telephone or email.
- To ensure that the selection of Action Canada Fellows reflects Canada’s diversity, the selection committee may take into consideration gender, language and regional representation.
- Feedback at any stage of the selection process is not provided and will not be provided after candidates are notified of selection decision.
- Nomination packages become the property of Action Canada and will not be returned.
- Selected candidates must accept an offer of fellowship, in writing, and return requested documentation to Action Canada by the deadline outlined in the fellowship offer documents. Late returns or non-responses may be considered a forfeit of fellowship.
5:00 pm PT Friday, 15 February 2013 – deadline for candidates to submit complete nomination package with ALL required documentation in duplicate to:
#513 – 1489 Marine Drive
West Vancouver, British Columbia
March 2013 – candidates notified via email of selection status
March/April 2013 – one-on-one interviews of shortlisted candidates
13 – 15 April 2013 – shortlisted candidates attend National Selection Committee interview and events
Early May 2013 – selection of the 2013/2014 Action Canada Fellows. Candidates will be informed via email of their final selection status.