In 2005 Action Canada began focusing the fellowship year around an annual theme that reflects current policy concerns. This theme guides all aspects of the year’s programming, from conference presenters and public dialogue topics to Fellows’ op-ed and task-force issues.
Fellowship year themes:
- 2005/2006 – Canada in the Global Community
- 2006/2007 – Enterprise in Canada
- 2007/2008 – Canada as a World Leader
- 2010/2011 – Economic Transformations: Challenges and Opportunities for Canada
- 2011/2012 – Advancing Canada’s National Interests in Economic and Business Policy.
- 2012/2013 – Does Canada Have the Education Systems it Needs to Meet the Economic and Societal Challenges of the Future?
- 2013/2014 – Applying Lessons from Canadian History in the Development of Public Policy for Northern Canada.
- 2014/15 – In 1867, Canada was largely rural. As we look to the nation’s 150th anniversary, we see a shift to major cities leading the economy and gaining in importance. What is the impact of this in relation to economic growth and competitiveness, revenue sources, infrastructure, social inclusion and governance models? Drawing on our history, what works, what doesn’t and what can Canada do to aim higher?